Tuesday, February 14, 2012

B Day

Today was finally the day I got to do my Lab B! I was awake at 7 am practiving what to say. Its tough because no matter how many times you practice you'll never say what you exactly want! However I did do a lot better than in my A lab. I would have like to stop saying guys but I still am going to have to work with it. I also should have gone over my safety statement a little more elaborately. It was monday morning so I knew I had to go in there with  a lot of energy, especially going first, I really needed to set the pace. I like using the instant activity becasue it gets students to know, when I'm teaching we are going to be moving! I did go a little over my time though so I will have to be able to manage my time a little better. I'm hoping filling out the time sheet and transcript will help me think of ways to move the class a little faster. Another thing I liked is when Professor Yang turned on the music. I had wanted to use music but didn't get the chance to turn it on. Yang wanted to see if I could project my voice over the music. This is really interesting because he keeps throwing challenges at us to see if we can handle them. These challenges really help get us ready for whats going to happen. He might throw behavioral problems at you, kids that need to go to the nurse, could be anything. This is going to have to be where I take my teaching now, understanding what to do with kids who misbehave. This was a lot of fun and I'm hoping Lab C will be even better, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment