Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prep for a better 4!

Today we spent a good amount of time talking about what, as a teacher, could we have done to improve our 4 minute lesson. (Refer to video in previous blog) This was a really good opportunity to talk with the TA's who have been through this and get pointers. For example I'm going to need a hook, I was thinking about using a quote that we could all relate to the activity. However I was also thinking about changing the activity to be more of a game type situation. for example, samewhere along the lines of, 1v1 and you only get one dribble to the basket! Not only will this give the students a lot of touches on the ball, but it brings in difficulty and competition in a fun atmosphere. This also teaches great moves to the basket to set up for a layup which we talked about last time I taught. I cant wait to try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment