Friday, March 6, 2015

Encouraging Students to Learn

I was recently asked to answer this question in an interview. My response is below the question.



Q: How do you encourage students to learn?  Can a student be forced to learn?

A: There are a number of ways I encourage students to learn. One way is by relating to their personal life. I believe that creating a connection with a student will help him/her become motivated to listen to you. I also believe that there are ways to get students to learn even when they don’t want to. “Challenge by Choice” is a teaching style I use to motivate unmotivated students. This style gives the students the option to choose how well they want to perform a task I choose. “Challenge by Choice” also gives the student a sense that they’re in control even though I’ve picked the specified task.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @DanielBertoniPE. Leave a comment below to tell me how YOU encourage students!

No comments:

Post a Comment